Saturday, June 7, 2008

UPDATE BUT NOT REALLY.....

I don't even know where to begin... I am just in shock over all the concern and support that I have received. I have been sent so many well wishes that I feel like the luckiest person on Earth, other than the illness of course, haha. Well, I have begun to loose my hair, FAST, and yes I do have an awesome wig. I actually also have a real cool hat I may just wear and save the wig for my fun nights out. Wait fun nights out, whats that??? I have been busy putting the ending touches on the Bikers for Bikes benefit for June 22. I am determined to make it a success. Alex misses me and has asked for me alot, even refusing to participate in the Special Olympics because I didn't show... I haven't seen him since I was diagnosed. I finished the Radiation treatments and had a pet scan Thursday pm, no results yet. On Monday, they want to discuss the chemo. treatments. My Oncologist wants to talk about the treatments with the radiolgist and Dr. Nina at Evanston before making a descision. My head still baffles him, as many others, haha. Over all I feel good, other then the headaches and fatigue. The fatigue is worse, cause I have so much to do, I don't like sitting. I am a woman who hates to feel like something else is controling her. I want to thank my family and friends, old and new,for the amazing support they have given me, it means so much! Cath

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope all is well.the whole of you is in our thoughts and prayers.ever see the movie "pay it forward?" all the things you guys have done for us its time for us to do just that. please let us help in any way!!!!!

stay strong!
the twins family
(cty rd B)

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
we are all here for you.You are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
Your Angel are with you all the way to help you get through this time in your life.
We love you!

V&C

Anonymous said...

Cathy, you are an inspiration with your positive attitude and sense of humor. I only wish that I had met you years ago and regret the years we lost touch with Mark. But thank God we all have been brought back together by the endeavors of the "Neighborhood Band" or as I call them, "The Middle aged Hot Guys Band."
Blessings to you and yours, Francie (the crazy keyboard player's wife)