Thursday, February 12, 2009


I went to my surgeon on Tuesday and was told the pain could be from the herniated disc or the surgery. I have some swelling but the pain is getting worse. She is going to contact my Oncologist and get me therapy. I went to Oncologist today, my levels were OK. I have seen them real bad, this was bad but not that bad. So of course I had to get my bonus shot. Ouch. My Dr. also informed me that he will contact Dr. Nina and talk about the future. He didn't see any cancer on the report that he could read. He did a cell research and will have the results next Wed. If it looks good he will go forward on setting up a cat scan or pet scan. If that looks good I may be off Chemo. I hate to get too excited but it would so good to get off these chemicals.
My hair is coming in, silver and black, and get this I think curly. Its just fuzz now and bald on top. I'll keep you posted. Keep praying its working.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Feb. 2

I met with my Dr. today to discuss my herniated disc. He said its pretty bad and wanted to put me on steroids but decided he couldn't do that because it will mess with my white blood cells and my cell count is almost nil as it is. He suggested we just hold on and hope it doesn't get worse and I can deal with the pain with medicine. He seems to think all this pain I have in my left arm is not from the surgery but from the herniated disc pushing on my spinal cord and the nerves. Also the hand sensations I get and thought was just arthritis is from the herniated disc. If I experience any new sensations I am suppose to call him. He hopes if I hold it off and it doesn't get worse I won't need any surgery. Thursday I have Chemo and next Tues. I meet with the Surgeon. I haven't heard from my specialist yet. Keep you posted. God Bless.