Sunday, June 15, 2008

STARTING CHEMO

Well... On Friday I started Chemo. At the Doctor's, I received 2 IVs of Chemo Medicine and 1 of medicine for side effects. At home I take 3 tablets of Chemo a day for 14 days. I will not go back to the clinic for more IV Chemo till this Friday. After the 14 days I will take 14 days off, then repeat. The Dr. is keeping me on the prednisone and Keppra (seizure med), along with my synthroid and other meds. I had to start writing times and check marks as I was getting confused. I do have my head shaved which is really comfortable. I have not worn my wig yet as the radiation is still causing my head to be sore some. I have an army green hat I wear and Mark calls me Beetle Bailey if not Chemo sabe.... I cut Jacks hair today and he asked that I don't cut it as short as mine, haha. He prays every night that Mommy's headaches go away. My Cousins took him for two days and he had a ball. Never asking for me once, a little sad but at the same time shows how much fun he had. By the end of the month I should have another MRI to see where we stand on the chemo and radiation, also more info on the mastectomy. Oh and good news, I do have some feeling back in the numbness on my right side. (feels like pins and needles)
Other then being tired, I feel good. Thanks again for your good thoughts and prayers. Cath

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Unknown said...

Cathy,
Always thinking of you~miss ya

Susan said...

I admire that you are such a stong women - hope you have a great turn out this weekend at the ralley

Joanne Page said...

Cathy,
I'm not quite sure how, but I received this blog by e-mail today. You were always a beautiful girl & woman and I see that you continue to be! I like what you said about feeling so free without the hair. I send you light & love from Los Angeles! Love, Joanne Semro Page

Anonymous said...

Cathy, You are in our thought and prayers. DJ & Darcy

Rebecca said...

Cathy,
I just found out tonight about your dianosis. I'm still in shock and I can only begin to imagine how you feel. I know that you are strong and that you've got an awesome, supportive family and group of friends. I will definetly put you at the top of my prayer list. God is bountiful and rest assured you are in His loving hands.
Reba

Dawn said...

Cathy - Love and Prayers are coming your way from me and my family in Florida. Love - Dawn