Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Here's what we know...

Cathy does have invasive and metastatic breast cancer.

Some preliminary tests have been done on the lesions Cathy has on her brain and spine. More tests are going to be performed Friday, May 9th and Saturday, May 10th. We should have some results on Monday, May 12th (at least they give her Mother's Day off!).

The results of these tests will determine where we go from here. The treatment program will depend greatly on the results of these tests. Pretty much, it's a hurry up and wait situation right now.

Luckily, Cathy is no longer admitted in the hospital and was able to go home. She's in outstanding spirits all things considered, and was even vacuuming when I called her earlier today!

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. And thank you all for being there.

10 comments:

Susan said...

This was a great idea Tara. Cathy did sound in pretty good spirts considering everything she has to face. Probably because she has a great family behind her. We'll keep those prayers and good thoughts coming. Love Sue & Bob

Stacey said...

hi cathy! i'm a friend of tara's and i just wanted to let you know that my family is praying for you as well. stay strong, it sounds like you've got amazing friends and family!!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy--
I have added you and your family to the prayer list at my church. Please let me know what I can do.
Arles

Anonymous said...

Cathy, our prayers and best wishes are with you... keep strong.
Love Ray and Chris

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy, Mark, Tara and family, Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Cathy, your positive and cheerful personality will come in handy during these hard times.
Love, Chris and Ray

Anonymous said...

Tara, thanks for being the "techy" in the family! Cathy, you don't deserve this ... but we have faith that you'll come through this better than ever! Love to all of you. Of course, let us know if we can do anything to help. April & Tom

Anonymous said...

Our love to everyone, Thanks for keeping us updated, Cathy, Mark and family, you are in our thoughts and prayers, and of course if there is anything we can do let us know.
Jeanette and Steve

Anonymous said...

Tara,
Hi I am a friend of Cathy's and Alex's old teacher. If there is anything I can do please let me know...meals, babysitting and I am a teacher and will be off work in a few weeks can help provied rides for Chemo. Please let me know. Sarah
tbonz8@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

Although we have never met, I have heard many wonderful things about you and your kids through out the years from not only your parents but my own as well. My parents are Bill and Lori Johnson. While I know my parents think the world of your folks they have also told me you have a large,supportive, very funny and fantastic family to help keep your spirits up. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay positive and strong.
Kathy Nellessen

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy . We've only met briefly but I've known Mark for over 40 years. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Michael & janet Allen