Monday, December 15, 2008

Dec. 15, 08

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've written. Nothing new. I still go to Chemo two weeks then two weeks off. I have chemo on Thursday then I will be off over the holidays, you would think I planned that.I still have pain in my left arm and side from the lymph nodes being removed. I get off balance a little, never fallen though. I also don't hear well and mess up with my words when talking, that's nothing new. I talk to anyone who wants too during chemo, people can be so friendly. I met a man who starting talking to me at Home Depot. I wore a hat and he noticed I had no hair. Turns out he just lost his wife to cancer, I think he needed someone to talk to. He apologized for telling me news he felt was none of my business but I actually enjoyed talking to him. Alex turned 21 on Friday, oh my God, 21. He looks pretty good, getting big, facial hair coming in, interesting to think Alex will be shaving.
I want to thank my Lakemoor friends for the wonderful dinners they have been sending to me every Thursday. They are so good and with having chemo on Thursday its been great knowing I don't have to cook. I also want to thank my friends Alice and Margaret for the fresh flowers they send me every month. Every time I look at them I know even though you live out east, were close. I have awesome family who always make sure I'm ok and watch over Jack to give me a break. I have wonderful friends who not only drive me to chemo but hang for 3 hours so I'm not alone.Thanks to Deb who takes Jack to her home every week and plays with him. I enjoy that time to myself. Also, all the cards, letters, and prayers. I could keep going, I have so much to be thankful for. I wish everyone a wonderful, happy and healthy Christmas. I'll keep in touch. Cath

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Cathy, it is good to hear that you are doing well and I am so glad to hear about the wonderful people you have in your life. And we are all lucky to have you in ours. XOXO

Unknown said...

We love you too Cathy. It was great seeing you the other day. 2009 things will be in remition and you will be healthy wealthy and wise!