Saturday, November 8, 2008

Low Cell Count

Last Thursday I had Chemo and my cell count and iron was real low so I had to go back on Tues to have them checked. It was very low almost none, so they gave me a shot. The shot doesn't hurt but the side effects hurt. The shot affects the bones because it gets in the marrow. I have a lower back ache, leg aches and it makes me feel like I'm gonna have a heart attach. All symptom's nothing to worry about. Well my counts were low on Tues., Wed., Thurs., and Fri. Needless to say it was a long week but the fact that I feel something from the treatment makes me feel like eventually it will kick it and my counts will rise. Next week if my count has gone up I will continue chemo. My Surgeon said my operation site looks good but said I need therapy to work on using my arm. I have been working on therapy myself, I don't have time to go somewhere else. Its rough but its working. I've been running into a lot of people who have have/had Cancer. Those who know me, know I'm not afraid to talk to strangers. I especially feel those who have/did have cancer want to talk.
They like to share and I find that therapeutic.

No comments: